About Children’s Minnesota
Children’s Minnesota is one of the largest pediatric health systems in the United States and the only health system in Minnesota to provide care exclusively to children, from before birth through young adulthood. An independent and not-for-profit system since 1924, Children’s Minnesota is one system serving kids throughout the Upper Midwest at two free-standing hospitals, nine primary care clinics, multiple specialty clinics and seven rehabilitation sites. As The Kids Experts™ in our region, Children’s Minnesota is regularly ranked by U.S. News & World Report as a top children’s hospital. Find us on Facebook @childrensminnesota or on Twitter and Instagram @childrensmn. Please visit childrensMN.org.
This position is sign-on bonus eligible.
The Contact Center Representative provides outstanding customer service to Children's patients, families, and referring medical practices. The role is primarily responsible for answering phone calls, responding to inquiries, scheduling and preregistration of patients, insurance and orders verification, data entry of patient information, assisting and referring callers to appropriate resources, and other duties as needed. This position is a representative of Children's contact center which assists patient callers and families in accessing Children's services.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Minimum two (2) years of customer service work
- Experience working in a health care environment preferred
- Experience with Cerner and/or eClinical Works medical record system preferred
- Strong basic computer skills and keyboarding skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated service-oriented phone skills and helpful manner
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision, while also understanding role as a part of a team
- Excellent problem solving and follow up skills
- Experience and demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel programs
- Understanding of basic medical terminology strongly preferred
Please click here to view the Physical Demands
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of an occupational health assessment, drug screen, background investigation, and compliance with the U.S. Government Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification. Children’s Minnesota requires proof of COVID-19 vaccine, and as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), immunity to vaccine preventable infectious diseases, prior to employment.
Children’s Minnesota is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all applicants. EO M/F/Disability/Vet Employer.
- Monday12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- Tuesday12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- Wednesday12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- Thursday12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- Friday12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- Saturday12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- Sunday12:00 AM - 12:00 AM