About BioLife Plasma Services
Every day at BioLife, we feel good knowing that what we do helps improve the lives of patients with rare diseases. While you focus on our donors, we’ll support you. We offer a purpose you can believe in, a team you can count on, opportunities for career growth, and a comprehensive benefits program, all in a fast-paced, friendly environment.
BioLife Plasma Services is a subsidiary of Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Ltd.
The starting rate for this position is $16.00/Hour. Employee may be eligible for Short Term and/or Long Term incentive benefits. Employees may also be eligible to participate in Medical, Dental. Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Company Holidays, Personal & Vacation Days, Student Loan Repayment Program and Paid Volunteer Time Off
Provides receptionist support to the plasma collection center, under the general direction of the Plasma Center Manager. Primarily provides customer service and performs administrative duties.
All below listed responsibilities must be completed in compliance with federal, state, local and company-specific regulations related to quality of product, employee and donor safety, and to the proper performance of day-to-day
activities. Employees must also maintain complete and accurate records, in accordance with cGMP.
- Administrative functions related to new donors, repeat donors and SPE only donors that include but are not limited to (60%):
- Verifying appointment times
- Assisting donors with future appointments
- Ensuring repeat donors scan in electronic system
- Creating or pulling donor record files
- Verifying prior donations
- Requesting identification for new donors
- Notifying the appropriate personnel that visitor/donor has arrived
- Contact donors to remind them of physical appointments
- Maintain orderly filing system, purging records as needed
- Answers incoming phone calls in a timely manner exhibiting strong customer service skills. (20%)
- Greets all visitors to the facility including new and repeat donors in a timely manner exhibiting strong customer service skills (20%)
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Incumbent should have strong interpersonal skills and be an excellent communicator who can successfully
Job Description / Role Profile
Interact with visitors and customers.
- Requires excellent English language comprehension, both written and verbal
- Ability to perform basic functions on a computer; ability to type.
- Must be able to prioritize work and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Maintain general cleanliness of work area and assist other work areas as needed to ensure a clean and professional environment.
- Ability to read and follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and to maintain complete and accurate records.
- Putting the patient at the center
- Building trust with society
- Reinforcing our reputation
- Developing the business
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Refers to Center Manager for guidance on complex, medium-impact or above decisions (internal)
- Refers to management team for escalated donor/employee concerns (internal)
- Responsible for providing exceptional customer service to donors (external) and fellow employees (internal)
- Attend staff meetings and other team meetings as required.
- Good verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work as a team player.
- Coordinates will all other center roles to effectively problem solve, ensure safety of staff and donors, and provide an exceptional customer experience.
- Supports the center management team in identifying operational opportunities for continuous improvement, initiating changes to center processes as needed, through use of company approved procedures (including but not limited to 5S, Value Stream Mapping and Kaizen).
- Production environment requiring the ability to walk and stand for the entire work shift.
- Requires occasional leaning, bending, stooping, crouching, reaching above shoulders and below knees and the ability to walk and stand for entire work shift. May lift up to 5 lbs. occasionally.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Essential: High School Diploma or equivalent required
Desired: Ability to read and follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and to maintain complete and accurate records. Experience in a laboratory, hospital, or other regulated environment is a plus
- FLSA Classification (US) - Non-Exempt
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
USA - NV - Las Vegas
- Monday12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- Tuesday12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- Wednesday12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- Thursday12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- Friday12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- Saturday12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- Sunday12:00 AM - 12:00 AM