Full Job Description
The Power of Caring Within all of us there is untold power. An unstoppable strength. A desire to do more.
At University of Maryland Baltimore Washington Medical Center, we know that caring can’t be taught, it’s something that comes naturally.
We're looking for talented professionals to join our extraordinary Security Team at UM BWMC — named Top Workplace in the Baltimore area by The Baltimore Sun two years in a row (2019 & 2020); Named Top Workplace in the USA for 2021!
As part of the acclaimed University of Maryland Medical System, our facility is one of three ANCC Pathway to Excellence® designated hospitals in Maryland and features one of the state’s busiest emergency departments, as well as a team of experts who care for our community and one another. As a Top 10 Maryland hospital ranked by U.S. News and World Report, UM BWMC is the pulse that keeps Anne Arundel County moving forward.
Under frequent supervision, the Patient Care Technician (PCT) is a multi-skilled individual who assists the patient with activities of daily living, maintaining a quiet, therapeutic and clean environment. The Patient Care Technician will spend the vast majority of time at the patient’s bedside meeting their basic physical, psychosocial and environmental needs based on an individualized plan of care. The PCT will perform the following skills/procedures (includes but not limited to): phlebotomy, IV starts/restarts, Foley insertion (ED only), simple sterile dressing changes Population served includes infants, children and adults. Tasks & Responsibilities
• Participates as a member of the patient care team by providing direct patient care under the supervision of the nurse. Functions as a dependable team member, assisting when requested and volunteering when the need arises. • Performs any or all duties involving the direct patient care as assigned by the nurse within guidelines provided by the Maryland Nurse Practice Act and medical center policies and procedures. • Maintains skills as outlined in the nursing policy, procedures, guidelines As delegated by the RN (peripheral venipuncture, intravenous catheter insertion, EKG, etc.) • All specimens labeled in the presence of the patient. • Two patient identifiers used when obtaining specimens. • Monitors and records patient’s response to treatment and communicates with the responsible care team or physicians in a timely manner. • Performs unit documentation which is timely, accurate, concise, legible and in accordance with the Performance Standards. • Performs efficiently in emergency patient situations following established policies, procedures and guidelines. • Maintains accountability for meeting basic physical psychosocial and environmental needs of the patient. al experience in formal Nursing Education with a certificate from the MBON • Current AHA Health Care Provider (CPR) card
What You Need to Be Successful:
• High School Diploma or equivalent is required. • Current CNA certification from the MBON. • One Year of experience in a Patient Care Assistant (PCA) or a similar position, or two (2) semesters of clinical experience in formal Nursing Education with a certificate from the MBON • Current AHA Health Care Provider (CPR) card
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Monday12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- Tuesday12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- Wednesday12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- Thursday12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- Friday12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- Saturday12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- Sunday12:00 AM - 12:00 AM