NAKAGAWA MANUFACTURING (U.S.A.), INC.
Job Title: Sales Assistant/Customer Service FLSA Status: Non -Exempt
Department: Sales & Marketing
Reports to: Sales Director
Location: Newark, CA
[General Position Summary]
This position is responsible for providing administrative support for sales and marketing activities and customer support functions. Work involves routine exercise of discretion and independent judgment, includes advising management, planning and negotiating. Responsibilities include: processing customers’ PO, coordinating orders with the Production Department, preparing shipping documents and completing shipping processes accordingly, providing customer service for existing customers. This position will provide significant contribution to ensure success in developing extensive relationships with global industrial partners and customers.
[Essential Job Functions]
- Processes customers’ orders and prepares necessary correspondence and documentation
- Coordinates production schedule with Production Department and negotiates shipment schedule with customers
- Negotiates production schedule with Nakagawa Vietnam, prepares shipping plan, and coordinates shipping arrangement with freight forwarders and customers
- Assists customers with any problems, questions, and issues related to orders, based on experience and knowledge
- Communicates with customers by phone, e-mail and facsimile for processing orders, obtaining information, follow-up, etc.
- Generates order confirmation and production advice sheets for new orders and stock items, providing the necessary instructions for the Production Department
- Monitors product availability and delivery schedules on constant basis
- Verifies payment/shipping methods, terms and conditions, billing and shipping addresses and contact information
- Keeps customer information updated as needed.
- Provides estimated date of delivery to customer based on production and delivery schedule information
- Prepares shipping documents and processes shipping for UPS / FedEx / trucking LCL shipments in timely manner
- Issues invoices for each shipment accordingly
- Attends weekly office meeting for reporting and exchanging information between departments
- Creates sales forecasts and assists Management/Production Department to develop production schedule
- Assists Managers/Management to plan short-term sales objectives/goals
- Assists Directors/Managers to forecast for Seiko monthly
- Reports to Directors/Managers if there are any issues or complaints from customers
- Provides research and supporting documents for issues/problems
- Helps provide sales order related documents for audit
- Provides Sales Manager with inventory quantities of certain product by communicating with inventory control
- Assists Sales Manager and supports marketing activities
Import and Export
- Prepares export related documents for international shipments accordingly
- Provides sales quantity information to Purchase Department for products to be imported
Others & Miscellaneous
- Seeks constant improvement, increased efficiency and commitment to high quality work
- Performs special projects and other miscellaneous duties as assigned by management
- Maintains high ethical standards in the work place
- Reports all irregular issues and problems to supervisors for solution
- Maintains good communication with management, office staff members and outside contacts
- Complies with company’s policies and procedures
- Maintains a clean and safe working area
[Job Dimensions (Skills, Knowledge & Abilities)]
Essential Job Dimensions
Customer Service, Order Processing, Planning and Organizing, Multi-Tasking, Listening & Understanding,
Flexibility/Adaptability, Product Knowledge, Attention to Detail, Relationship Building, Communication: Exceptional
Oral and Written Communication Skills.
Commitment, Confidentiality, Dependability/Reliability, Ethics, Flexibility/Adaptability, Negotiation, Office Equipment
Usage, Math Skills, Personal Computer Usage, Problem Solving, Research, Team Participation
Education & Work Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from a four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Tools & Equipment
General office equipment including phones, personal computers, email, fax, copier, etc.
Software includes the use of Windows operating system, MS Office, and ACCPAC
Certificates / Licenses
[Work Environment & Physical Demands]
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential job functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Work is performed in an office environment. The employee is required to frequently sit and occasionally must stand, walk, use hands and fingers and reach with hands and arms. Also, the employee must be able to read and analyze data in hard copy and on a computer screen. Also requires the ability to measure or identify using eyesight.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to frequently sit and occasionally must stand, walk, use hands and fingers and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to
15 pounds (product demos.)
Specific vision abilities include the ability to read and analyze data in hard copy and on a computer screen, measure or identify using eyesight and adjust vision focus.
The above job description identifies the essential job functions and skills needed by the person or persons assigned to this position. These job functions and skills are not intended to be a complete and exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. The information contained herein is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Pay: $17.00 - $24.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Self-determined schedule
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Get fully vaccinated, or take weekly PCR/Antigen test. Measure body temperature at reporting to work.
Work Location: One location
Application response rate: 60%
Hiring 1 candidate for this role
- Monday12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- Tuesday12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- Wednesday12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- Thursday12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- Friday12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- Saturday12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- Sunday12:00 AM - 12:00 AM